Thursday, July 01, 2004

The Sh** has hit the Fan

What has made my withdrawals so much easier is the fact that my wife has been very supportive of me. At least she was until today. Today the shit hit the fan and it spewed far and wide.
 
During my withdrawals I stole some of my wife’s meds just to take off the edge. We’ve had this problem before. Over the past ten years she’s resorted to hiding her meds for migraines and other ailments because if I encountered them, I’d steal them. I stole them last week. I also lied about it. This sent my wife into a rage. No longer was she the sweet supportive consoler. Now she was pissed. She has a difficult time getting the meds because of paranoid doctors and when she realized that she was not really going crazy, and that the amounts of her meds were shrinking because someone else was absconding with them, she freaked out. Her mandate: I must go to meetings.
 
This was my greatest fear. Meetings are the end of the road for any addict. Meetings means that the jig is up and the shit is over. Going to NA meetings means that you’ve hit the last house on the block, as some of the NA meet-o-philes like to declare. I realized that this was the end of the road. No more living a second life. It was over. I was fucked with no escape.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gus,

You write amazingly! I'm quite *addicted* to your blog! I wonder if you'd mind contacting me in private, as I would so like to ask you some questions.. I need advice and I don't know where else to turn. Ruthchallies@aol.com

I would be very grateful. :)

About this Blog

For the past ten years I have been writing about my experience using oxycodone, the active ingredient in OxyContin, Percocet, and other prescription painkillers. I eventually developed a tolerance, then dependence, and became addicted. My archive covers my abuse of these drugs and my effors to quit using them.

I have tried to accurately report my experience without a sense of advocacy. It is my hope that you'll be able to make your own conclusions, as well as find my story factual, informative, and interesting.