Monday, July 09, 2007

The Web is Addicted

I recently wanted to see if there were other blogs out there from people like me who were recovering from Oxy. Inserting the word "OxyContin" into a few search engines and blog directories convinced me that this was futile. There are hundreds, if not thousands of listings for online sales of every imaginable drug, but very few legitimate listings from blogs that discuss the addiction and dependency issues associated with opiates.

What a wasteland the Internet is.

Back when I was getting high on Oxy, I had considered attempting to buy dope online, but I never got around to it, and frankly, I was really skeptical. I still am. I can't imagine that it would be so easy to buy dope online, and my guess is that 99% of the sites that offer to sell narcotics are illigitimate. After all, if you send $300 to some site that was supposed to send you a bucketfull of Oxys, and they don't come through, who are you going to call? The cops? The FBI?

I can hear it now. "Yes, officer, I'd like to report a crime."

"Uh yes, sir. Please tell us about it. How were you victimized?"

"Well officer, I ordered a couple of handfuls of OxyContin online, without a prescription, and they never sent me anything."

"Hmmm. I see. Where are you right now? Don't move. We'll be right over."

Maybe I am naive. Perhaps this is how most people get their illicit drugs nowdays. I don't believe it though. If it is that easy for people to get their hands on Oxy, then the world will certainly go down the tubes. If all one has to do is offer up a credit card online, then run to the mailbox to get high, we're going to be in trouble.

It can't be that easy. Can it?

When I was doing drugs, I had to run down to Mexico or wait for some profiteer to score. It was challenging, difficult and frustrating. If all the web offers for drugs are real, and it is so easy to get drugs online, then I am going to start buying stock in treatment centers.

In the meantime, all of those stupid ads that scream out "Buy Drugs Online" keep getting more frequent and more annoying.

Can't you techno-geeks rid the web of its addiction to those ads?

4 comments:

rowan said...

hi,
The only way to use online sights is to search and search and through word of mouth, or by joining some stupid organization that sifts through the bad ones for you and helps you out.. but mostly you can only get vicodins that way not anything like oxy. But yea, it is a wasteland. I wonder if there are any that are legit? And how come it is so legal for them to claim they are selling it? I dont get it.
Stop by my journal sometime.. I'd like to link up. nostoppingplace.blgospot.com
I'm on methadone maintenance now, but was an Oxy user. Still think that if everybody was on Oxy society would be more productive. I was more productive on Oxy. Damnit! If they make things like alcohol and nicotine legal.. why isnt this legal?

Anonymous said...

just found your site after mobs of negative stories. i was addicted to heroin for 5 yrs then moved to OC for 5-6yrs, but not daily. i thought i was doing so good. i could just do i little and it wasn't heroin so i can control it. an addict's mind.lol. the trickery that lives within our minds can fool even the closest people to us. i had my fiance thinking i was doin percocet when i was doin oc, and told him i was doin oc when i was using heroin. i always thought i was an honest person but even the most honest people have to justify they're using. so, i went on suboxone 2/08 and 8/09 am detoxing. i was on 20mg few months back and am on 8mg tosay. i plan on droppin (with my dr) 1mg a month. i totally wanna go quicker but i'm already a slobbering mess at work. my emotions are ascue from time to time. i just don't want sleepless nights. i sleep so good. i was put on celexa today and i feel sooo wierd. i don't like it and am not takin that crap. well, i thank you for your inspirational message. in light and love :)

Grace Smith said...

Buy Oxycontin oc online without prescription overnight delivery 20% discount price.
visit here - https://www.onlinepainpharma.com/p-oxycontinoc

Unknown said...

Buy Oxycontin online without prescription overnight delivery 10% discount price.

Visit here : https://bestpharmacyinusa.com/product-category/buy-oxycontin-online

Click here : <a href="https://bestpharmacyinusa.com/product-category/buy-oxycontin-online>Buy Oxycontin</a>
"

About this Blog

For the past ten years I have been writing about my experience using oxycodone, the active ingredient in OxyContin, Percocet, and other prescription painkillers. I eventually developed a tolerance, then dependence, and became addicted. My archive covers my abuse of these drugs and my effors to quit using them.

I have tried to accurately report my experience without a sense of advocacy. It is my hope that you'll be able to make your own conclusions, as well as find my story factual, informative, and interesting.